What is Developmental Coaching?
Developmental coaching is an intentional process of increasing awareness and perspective. We believe that by growing your awareness, focus, and perspective, you will become increasingly able to meet your own goals and live the life you want to live.
We all have a narrative running in the background of our consciousness that tells us who we are and how the world works. This narrative is full of ideas, beliefs and assumptions that, over the years, have become hardened into “the truth” about ourselves and the world. When you engage in developmental coaching with us, you engage in a journey like no other—a journey into your own narrative and consciousness, into your own self and soul. We support you in this journey to surface and challenge your tacit narrative, testing the ideas, beliefs, and assumptions that you mistake for reality. We support you to open yourself to a wider range of “data” that can disconfirm some of your deeply held assumptions about yourself and your life. We support you in transforming your narrative—from one of limitations and constraint to one of possibility and expansion, giving yourself a more accurate and effective way to engage with the world around you.
We use a variety of tested and proven methods to support you in this journey of increasing your awareness, focus, and perspective: the Subject-Object Interview (SOI), the Immunity to Change process (ITC), Action Inquiry, Shadow work, and journaling.
Our Developmental Coaching focuses on
- the ways we take ourselves out
- the ways we believe our assumptions to be reality
- the ways we interpret feedback
- the ways we pay attention to some feedback and ignore other feedback
- giving voice to the assumptions and stories that tacitly lead us
- developing more awareness of and intention in the choices we make
- developing more awareness of and turning off our own autopilot